Tuesday, July 30, 2013

DAILY 5 POSTER FREEBIE!

If you are anything like me, you spend the whole summer thinking about exactly how you want your classroom to look in the upcoming school year...Theme? Color Scheme? The list goes on!
(Especially for me.  This is where my OCD kicks in)

So, I have picked my theme for the upcoming year:

It is a concept called "Studentville."  

With this theme, behavior management, classroom work areas and expectations are all incorporated.  Since it is "student-centered" every student's primary job is to be a student, then they can apply for an additional classroom job (Postal Worker, CAFE Owner, Studentville Store Manager, etc) and receive pay according to how efficiently they complete both their primary and secondary jobs.  Although it may sound complicated, it is really NOT.  If you wish to learn more about this classroom theme, click here.


My color scheme is based on brain research.

I chose gray, navy blue and white with minimal accents of green throughout (the green I am using is more of a lime green..not like the tennis ball color below)


But of course no classroom ever feels complete until EVERY area is coordinated with matching posters and area displays.

(Remember the OCD I was telling you about?!  Yeah, I know!)  Here are a few versions of the Daily 5 signs I will have posted in my room this year.  They are a nice tie in with my gray chevron fabric without being too matchy matchy!

Set 1: Blue Chevron
Set 2: Green Chevron

Set 3: Pink Chevron

Set 4: Yellow Chevron

Set 5: Orange Chevron

If you are anything like me...and I know I am NOT alone...follow by entering your email in the right column of my blog and I will email you the link to these FREE Daily 5 Chevron posters in pink, blue, green, yellow and orange.  Each color includes all Daily 5 rotations (Read to Self, Read to Someone, Work on Writing, Word Work, Listen to Reading) and you will get ALL 5 sets for FREE.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment